Around since 2001, Skrill is now one of the largest e-commerce payment platforms on the web today, with an estimated 20 million customers taking advantage of their services and products. This figure has certainly been boosted by the number of casino sites now offering Skrill as an accepted payment method, with the speed and convenience of transactions having attracted a great deal of players. This page will take a detailed look at Skrill, including the casino sites which currently use it, along with how it works and its benefits and limitations. Let’s get things underway by listing the best UK casino sites that accept Skrill for deposits and withdrawals.
Best UK Skrill Casino Sites
What is Skrill?
Skrill has been in operation for almost two decades, with casino sites having also used the platform for a number of years, however for those who are still not familiar with the organisation, the following are among the most important points surrounding Skrill and its history:
- Skrill was founded in 2001, having originally been known as Moneybookers.
- Skrill is a UK-based company, regulated by the Financial Services Authority and registered as a Money Services Business with the HMRC.
- Skrill is owned by the Paysafe Group, who also operate Neteller.
- Today, Skrill supports payments in over 40 currencies, while prepaid cards are also on offer to customers.
- Skrill is accepted by many iGaming websites, with payers being able to send and receive money.
- Skrill payments can be made anywhere, at anytime.
Skrill in the UK
Skrill was one of the first platforms to use just an email and password for processing online payments, while they also became Europe’s first Financial Services Authority regulated e-money issuer in 2002. Skrill was listed in the top 100 fastest growing private equity backed organisations in 2010, with the company having grown significantly upon being joined by Pavolution in 2011, allowing them to add pay by instalments and invoice in the process. Meanwhile, Skrill would later acquire both Paysafecard and Ukash, with over 500 staff members helping to keep them at the top of their game. Skrill’s headquarters are found in London, with a good proportion of customers being based in the UK.
Pros and Cons of Using Skrill as a Payment Method
Testing of Skrill as a payment method on a variety of casino sites uncovered a variety of benefits, as well as a small number of limitations. All in all, the following are the main pros and when it comes to using Skrill:
- Speed – Skrill certainly offers some of the quickest online payments around, with deposits made using Skrill on casino sites being processed instantly, while withdrawals take just a matter of hours.
- Variety – Skrill processes payments in over 40 different currencies, perfect for those who enjoy taking advantage of the international nature of the world of iGaming.
- Widely Used – Skrill is now accepted on almost all casino sites available to players in the UK, meaning that there is no need to miss out on the benefits in which it brings.
- Secure – With players not having to add their bank or card information to their casino account, another layer of security is added, with players simply having to log in to their Skrill account in order to process payments.
- Limits – Skrill caters both beginners and high rollers in terms of the limits that have been set for both deposits and withdrawals on casino sites.
- Free – Skrill is free to sign up with, while the majority of casino players will never be charged for using the service.
- Bonuses – Unfortunately, a large number of welcome bonuses offered by online casinos state that deposits made using Skrill will not qualify, meaning that players must find an alternative, at least to start with.
New Skrill Casino Sites
While many casinos that have been in operation for a number of years have long offered Skrill as a means of depositing and withdrawing cash, there are also a variety of new sites that are also accepting the payment method. Mr.Play, despite only being founded in 2017, has quickly become one of the leading gambling sites available to players in the UK, with Skrill being available to such customers too. Elsewhere, Sloty is another successful new casino site offering Skrill as a method of payment, however their generous welcome bonus is not available to those depositing in this way. The likes of Gate 777 and Casimba are among the other new sites that have been quick to recognise just how popular Skrill is for online players today.
How Does Skrill Work?
Skrill facilitates money transfers across the globe, with users being able to make payments directly to bank accounts, as well as other mobile wallets. All that is required for Skrill customers is the name of their intended recipient, along with their account details. Opening a Skrill account is a quick and simple process, with both desktop and mobile users being able to easily make payments at anytime. Meanwhile, Skrill is also used by many to send money abroad, with their platform being quicker and cheaper than many alternatives.
Skrill Account Registration
As we have already eluded to, registering a new account at Skrill can be done quickly and easily, with the following steps having to be completed in order to gain access to the services in which they offer:
- Enter the Skrill website.
- Select the “Register” option, located in the top-right hand corner of the page.
- Enter your personal details details, including full name, location, email and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions set by Skrill
- Link your bank account to your new Skrill account, before receiving a small amount of money from Skrill in order to complete the registration process.
- Verify your Skrill account by sending a valid proof of identity.
- Start using your new Skrill account on casino sites.
In terms of any fees that will potentially be involved with using Skrill on casino sites, the following breakdown should explain everything clearly:
- Payment processing – 1.90%
- Account setup – free
- Account maintenance – free
- Fraud screening – free
- Skrill Digital Wallet – 1.90% + £0.29
- Skrill Quick Checkout – 1.90% + $0.29
- Refund – £4.00 per transaction
- Chargeback Fee – £25.00
- Minimum Fee – fees apply if you pay less than £10 per month in processing fees
For those who are not convinced by what they have read concerning Skrill so far, there are undoubtedly some appealing alternatives when banking on casino sites. The following are just a sample of the other payment methods available to casino players in the UK today:
Credit/Debit Card – Those looking for a more traditional form of payment may well choose to simply use a credit or debit card, which are issued by banks and other outlets across the country. Deposits made using this method are instant on casino sites, while withdrawals will likely take up to 5 working days to process.
Trustly – Swedish organisation Trustly is another which allows its customers to make payments through their bank account, with an increasing number of casino sites having added the platform to their list of accepted payment methods.
Skrill Casino Bonus
Players may well be aware that deposits made using Skrill will not qualify for casino bonuses in a large number of cases, however there are some sites that offer promotions to those banking in this way. Players at Casimba casino are able to earn a bonus of up to £500 upon signing up, while 50 free spins are also up for grabs, with deposits made using Skrill being readily accepted. Elsewhere, a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to £200 is available to Skrill users at Video Slots Casino, a promotion well worth taking advantage of.
Tips and Tricks
When using Skrill, there are a number of tips and tricks that can be utilised in order to make the most out of the payment method. Some of these points including the following:
- Consider taking advantage of Skrill’s prepaid cards, as this product ensures for greater visibility and control on spending.
- Sign up for Skrill’s VIP programme, offering faster withdrawals, 24/7 customer support and additional promotions.
The following are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions surrounding the use of Skrill on casino sites.
Q: How can I deposit using Skrill?
A: Processing deposits using Skrill on casino sites is a simple task, with players having to enter their Skrill account details, rather than entering their bank or card information.
Q: How can I find a reliable Casino that accepts Skrill as deposit method?
A: All of the sites discussed on this page are fully licensed in the UK, while our experts have all deemed them to be nothing but reliable and trustworthy.
Q: What are the processing times for deposits and withdrawals?
A: Deposits using Skrill on casino sites are instant, while withdrawals take just 24 hours.
Q: Is Skrill completely legal?
A: Yes! Skrill is licensed and regulated in the UK.
Q: Can I pay with Skrill also using my mobile?
A: Absolutely! The Skrill app or mobile site make payments available anytime, anywhere.
Final Words on Skrill Casinos
Payments using Skrill are among the quickest online today, with players on casino sites having become increasingly aware of just how convenient and safe they are too. With almost all casinos now accepting Skrill, it should come as little surprise that the number of users is growing rapidly, with the services and features in which they offer being perfect for the world of online gambling.