History and Background Knowledge of Slot Games
Slot games are believed to date back to the 1880’s, where the first coin-operated devices were developed. Such games were very minimalistic however, with an example being just two horses racing after the inserted coin. As well as this, winners were often paid in drinks and cigars, with cash prizes being introduced by 1888. Modern slot machines were introduced in 1894 in San Francisco, while just four years later saw the first three-reel slots with automatic payouts.
Fast forward to the 1920’s and slot machines had become popular in regions across the globe, with many being found in private social clubs. Governments were attracted due to the tax revenue involved, with the 1950’s bringing about a greater number of payout schemes, including 3- and 5-coin. Electronic slots were first developed in 1986, with a machine in Las Vegas paying our $40 million in 2003. The turn of the millennium then saw a massive increase in the amount of online casinos, despite strict regulations surrounding banking.
Tips and Tricks to Find the Best Online Slot Casino for Canadian Players
With there being so much choice for players when it comes to slots today, be sure to take into consideration the following tips and tricks before signing up with an online casino:
- Licensing – Any potential online casino offering slot games must hold a valid gambling license, which enables them to cater for players based in Canada.
- Customer Support – The best online slot casinos offer a variety of customer support features, including telephone, email and live chat, while response times should also be good across the board.
- Banking – Depositing and withdrawing cash should be safe, fast and convenient for players, whether it be through credit cards, e-wallets or bank wires. Be sure that the payment method in which you wish to use is available on any potential casino site.
- Terms & Conditions – Any online casino in operation today should make their terms and conditions available to players, with those who fail to do so likely to be breaking the rules, making them unreliable as a result.
- Software – Slot games today are delivered by leading software providers, helping to add to the excitement and potential rewards. So, be sure to look into which providers a potential online slot casino works alongside.
- Mobile – Ideally, slot games should be available to play on both desktop and mobile platforms, without any of the quality being effected.
- Demo – For beginners, it may be important to take advantage of free-to-play slot games before using your own money. Doing so will allow players to fully understand how such games work, including the rules, bonuses and jackpots.