What is an Online Casino Bonus Offer?
An online casino bonus is effectively when a casino offers their players a promotional extra, whether it be a matched deposit, reload, free spin or welcome offer. Bonuses are available to both new and existing players, while they come with a variety of terms and conditions and wagering requirements, that must be met before any withdrawals can be made. While bonuses do not have to be taking advantage of, their potential often makes them to good to miss out on.
Pros and Cons of Online Casino Bonuses
The following are the standout pros and cons of online casino bonuses, perfect for players looking for more information in this area:
- Bonus Cash – Perhaps the most important reason as to why players take advantage of bonuses if the fact that additional funds are available, whether it be a matched deposit or high roller bonus.
- Free Spins – The possibility of earning free spins to use on slot games is also very attractive for players today, with this form of bonus being the preferred choice of many due to their ease of use.
- Variety – Bonuses are not reserved for new customers, with bonuses being available for existing players from time to time, based on their activity. Such bonuses enable players to extend their gameplay and work towards additional payouts.
- Testing – Bonuses also provide the perfect platform to test casino games on, no matter whether you prefer slots, table or live games.
- Wagering Requirements – While bonuses often appear to be hugely generous, the fact is that the majority come with wagering requirements which make withdrawals more difficult. Whether it be the amount of times in which winnings must be wagered or the timeframe in which players have to do so, such conditions differ from casino to casino.
- Payout Limits – Some bonuses also come with payout limits surrounding them, meaning that 100% of your winnings may not be available to withdraw.
- Time – Some bonuses will have an expiry date, meaning that players have a set period of time in order to meet the terms and conditions.
Types of Bonuses
The following are among the most popular form of bonus available with online casinos today:
New Player Welcome Bonuses
Offered by casinos in an attempt to attract players into registering, such bonuses generally consist of new customers having to sign-up and deposit funds for the first time, before receiving something in return, whether it be cash or free spins.
Despite not being a cash bonus, free spins still offer customers the chance to play games without investing any of their own money. While free spins are only available to use on certain slot games, winnings are still able to be withdrawn, once any wagering requirements have been met.
No Deposit Bonus
Perhaps the most generous form of bonus is a no deposit bonus, which is offered by a small number of casinos at times. All that is required is for players to register an account, with no deposit needed, as the name suggests. Promo codes may be required however.
VIP or Loyalty Bonus
Some online casinos will have VIP or loyalty schemes in place, perfect for those who consistently stake their own cash on games. Points are accumulated, which are then able to be turned into cash to use on casino sites.
High Roller Bonus
For those who are looking to stake large sums of money on casino games, high roller bonuses are well worth utilizing. Deposits are matched up to as much as $2,000 in some cases, meaning that customers can take advantage of a significant opening account balance.
How do Online Casino Bonuses Work?
When it comes to explaining just how online casino bonuses work, it is important to take into consideration a number of factors, including the following:
This is the amount of cash that must be made from a particular bonus before withdrawals can be made using it. Depending on the casino, the bonus amount and winnings must be wagered anything between 10-50 times.
When it comes to fulfilling the wagering requirements surrounding a bonus, different casino games will contribute to different degrees. For example, should a game contribute to 50%, players must wager twice the amount.
This is basically the percentage of bets in which the casino will keep in the long term. For example, should a game have a house edge of 5%, this means that the casino will expect to make an overall profit of the same amount. House edges can range from anything between 1-50% generally speaking.
Wagering Requirements & Terms and Conditions Explained
Along with the wagering requirements already discussed, the following are among the other terms and conditions in which players must consider before taking advantage of online casino bonuses.
Those based in Canada must be aged at least 18 or 19, depending on their providence, in order to be able to register with an online casino, play the games in which they offer and take advantage of their bonuses.
Online casinos state in their terms and conditions that only one account is permitted per household, meaning that welcome bonuses cannot repeatedly be claimed. As well as this, one account is generally only allowed per IP address and bank account.
How to Pick the Right Casino Bonus
It is hugely important that the information and points discussed on this page are considered when players are considering which online casino bonus to take advantage of, with our experts having put such details in place for a reason. Ensure that the wagering requirements, contributing percentage of games and house edges all allow for realistic payouts, whilst not going too far away from your gambling strategy.
Tips and Tricks with Bonuses – Make the Most Out of Them
Our experts have also put together the following tips in order for players to make the most of online casino bonuses.
- Be sure to do your homework in order to find the best casino bonus to suit your needs.
- Check out the terms and conditions in full before registering or depositing funds.
- Look at the time in which you will have available to meet the wagering requirements.
- Weigh up the winnings from games, compared to the wager requirements.
- Aim to take advantage of bonuses with no or few wagering requirements.
- Play new games using free spins and bonuses.
- Opt-in to receive casino newsletters in order to never miss out on a bonus.
- Do not take advantage of bonuses from unreliable or unsecure casinos.
- Remember that enjoyment is the ultimate goal when it comes to online gambling.
- Do not use all of your bonus at once, unless it is required that you do so.
Online Casino Bonuses FAQ
The following are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to online casino bonuses:
Q: Do all Canadian casinos offer bonuses?
A: The majority of casinos catering for Canadian-based players will offer some form of bonuses, which are available to both new and existing users.
Q: Shall I always take the welcome bonus offer?
A: It is worth taking advantage of the majority of bonuses, however only if they meet your strategy and budget.
Q: Can I get the welcome bonus offer several times?
A: Welcome bonuses can only be used once, however there is nothing to say how many casinos in which you are allowed to register with.
Q: Do I need to register at a casino to get a bonus?
A: A bonus alone should not be considered as a reason to register with a particular casino, with range of games and payouts being of greater importance.
Q: Can I get bonuses when playing from my mobile or tablet?
A: Absolutely! Almost all bonuses are available via desktop and mobile devices, while some casinos will introduce mobile-specific promotions.
Q: Is it possible to withdraw the winnings earned from playing with a bonus?
A: Yes, however players must meet the wagering requirements and terms and conditions surrounding a bonus before withdrawals will become available.
Q: Are Bonuses allowed in Canada?
A: Bonuses are very much allowed in Canada, with players being able to take advantage of a variety of different types as a result.